If you are looking to get into web-based programming, or you are already knowledgeable and are looking for a way to experiment with some code without downloading a compiler, than Codecademy is the website for you. They allow you write and test code in three of the most popular web-based languages; Java, Ruby and Python.
All you need to do is click on the button for the language in which you wish to work, and start writing. You can click the test button at any time to see your code in action. It’s a great way to try some new things right from your web browser.
For the new coder, they offer classes. They start with the basics and move up to more advanced stuff. If you have been looking for a way to break into writing code this website is great. It starts slowly and doesn’t push you into the advanced stuff too quickly.
- Write and test code in Ruby, Java and Python.
- Web-based compiler, no software to download.
- Register for a an account and access the academy.
- Learn to program with their free classes.
- Similar tool: JSBin, Codr.cc, TextSnip, HTML Instant, Ecoder, PHPAnywhere, AmyEditor, PrettyPrinter and Codepad.